Monday, October 19, 2009

The not so itsy-bitsy spider


Today I had my first ever encounter with a black widow. Ugh! It had built a web across the door frame of the laundry room that Adelia and I were trying to go in. It's ugly black body made me suspicious and so I called Andrew and asked him what a black widow looked like. Much to my dismay, he described the spider I was staring at. So Adelia and I got some spider killer and as always I read all the directions before attempting anything. It had a list of creepy-crawly things that it was effective on inside and outside. Even though it was "spider killer" spiders were not on the outside list (?). I sprayed the spider and waited and sprayed and waited and sprayed. It was hanging on to life and I started to wonder if for some reason the spray really wouldn't work outside. We finally killed it and after it was over Adelia said, "I don't like spiders. I like elephants." Well-said. From here on out, we're sticking to elephants.

1 comment:

  1. Go elephants!

    I'm glad the spray ended up working. I don't know how inside or outside would make a difference. Hopefully you don't have to deal with any more.

    ReplyDelete