Saturday, January 30, 2010

Virtue


Today I went to the greatest Relief Society meeting at church. It was all about virtue and Proverbs 31. Camille Fronk Olson (an associate professor at BYU) came and spoke to us. One of the things she mentioned was that the Hebrew word for virtue is translated as strength or power when it is used to describe a man. She talked about how having virtue is really having strength and power from our Savior, Jesus Christ, by having faith in Him. We can accomplish all things with His help! It was just such a great reminder of what is really important while we are here on this earth. (painting by Walter Rane)

1 comment:

  1. I love to attend uplifting programs that help me keep focused on what this is all about! I'm glad you got to attend, I've seen her on the BYU channel and she seems very bright.

    Love you Thompsons!

    ReplyDelete